scored a used Q 300

Gabe Gomez

I picked up a Q 300 for $60 cash the other night. Aside from being dirty, it looks like it spent the past winter outside. The grates are pretty rusty. Soaked them in simple green and cleaned them off, but they are rusted pretty bad. Contacted Weber and purchased new grates that should be here in a few days. So for $113 total, I have a "new" Q300. I am happy. Now if I could just find a performer for that price......

Great pick up ! I been watching CL here and so far no q's at all have showed up close enough or cheap enough to rate a long trip . I bought a new 100 and luv the thing and don't need a 320 or 300 or even a 200 series but I sure would like to have one at a price
icon_smile.gif

And ya I could just go buy one but the fun is in the hunt for me ! I got a line and a price on a nice kettle right now cheap like new thats tommrows mission CL is great fun . But I agree those grates would been fine most likely after reseasoning and firing it up with plenty a oil on them . But having not seen it I sure could be wrong . I wouldn't toss the rusted ones out thou .

Enjoy your new Q

I cleaned the grates really well. The are rusted to the point where they are separating/splitting apart. Apparently these are porcelain over steel or something. I wont cook on grates that are rusted to the point of flaking off bits of rust or whatever material the grate is made of. I'm very happy with my purchase and I was very happy to replace the grates. The way I see it, I'm still ahead on my used purchase by $200 + dollars over buying new.

I bought a used Q200 with a folding cart stand last year for $100. The grates on that were just dirty, not rusted. Those came clean. The Q200 is only used for when I go camping a couple times a year. The 300 was purchased for its size/capacity. It is replacing an old charbroil gasser. The Q 300 takes up less space.

Love my Q's, my OTG, and my WSM!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gabe Gomez:
I cleaned the grates really well. The are rusted to the point where they are separating/splitting apart. Apparently these are porcelain over steel or something. I wont cook on grates that are rusted to the point of flaking off bits of rust or whatever material the grate is made of. I'm very happy with my purchase and I was very happy to replace the grates. The way I see it, I'm still ahead on my used purchase by $200 + dollars over buying new.

I bought a used Q200 with a folding cart stand last year for $100. The grates on that were just dirty, not rusted. Those came clean. The Q200 is only used for when I go camping a couple times a year. The 300 was purchased for its size/capacity. It is replacing an old charbroil gasser. The Q 300 takes up less space.

Love my Q's, my OTG, and my WSM! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take back that I would just used them ! Rusted like that I doubt anyone would . I would a done just what you did order new ones and have great grill a great price !
icon_smile.gif

Back