sauce brush/mop

Derek L.

TVWBB Super Fan
What you you suggest for mopping or brushing on sauce?

I need better than the regular brush from HD and Lowes.

Thanks. Stubb's Kicking Wing Sauce....very tasty

Ever try this, nice kick. It's original, they sell "inferno" on the website.

73475600108m.png

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Derek L.:
Ever try this, nice kick. It's original, they sell "inferno" on the website.
73475600108m.png
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>i have tried everything Stubb's markets. It's also good in salads
icon_biggrin.gif

I have one similar to the Elizabeth Karmel one that Jim showed. Forget where I got it. The angle works very nice and it is very easy to clean up.

I'll third the angled one that Jim mentioned above. The silicone ones actually do a decent job of whicking-up sauces (as long as they're not watery), and are a snap to clean-up.

Otherwise - if you like finer-bristled brushes, get some cheap, natural bristle paint brushes, and just chuck 'em when you're done using them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Perrin:
I have one similar to the Elizabeth Karmel one that Jim showed. Forget where I got it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Buy them all thru this site using Amazon.com
Buy two (over 25bucks) and get FREE shippin'
icon_biggrin.gif

i may eet alot, butt i'm still cheap.

As soon as I read that Cooks Illustrated recommended the Elizabeth Kramel’s Grill Friends Angled Barbecue Brush I went out and bought two of them. I have never regretted it. They work great and can be thrown into the dishwasher for easy clean-up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Otherwise - if you like finer-bristled brushes, get some cheap, natural bristle paint brushes, and just chuck 'em when you're done using them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever have problems with loosing bristles? I stopped buying cheap brushes for painting, because its nearly impossible to pick a bristle out of wet paint, I think it would be same for a sticky sauce.

I like silicone for home use because they are so easy to clean. For comps they tend to leave streaks, so I dredge the meat in the sauce and let it drip of and set up on its own.

I don't like silicone brushes for anything myself. They hold too much, imo, leave streaks, and make it hard to paint on thin veneers, my preference. (I never paint sauces on, so...) I like higher end pastry brushes. Most I have I've had for years. Bristles still intact. Cheap ones don't hold up.

Back