Strips

Jamie Berry

TVWBB Fan
CAB Strips from the butcher shop today. Reverse seared on the kettle. A little overcooked but tasty.

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

Yeah Gary - I have to go with you on this one - They don't look overcooked to me. Looks like a pretty darnned good looking meal to me. Bob B

looks good. but reverse sear? i assume thats just opposite of putting meat over coals first, then indirect? what advantage is there to that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brady martin:
looks good. but reverse sear? i assume thats just opposite of putting meat over coals first, then indirect? what advantage is there to that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this method is probably better suited for larger cuts of meat ie. thick bone-in porkchops, tri-tip, etc. I've been doing steaks like this for the past few months and the results have been pretty consistent. Additionally, I used to have issues with flare-ups that would burn the outside of the steak or atleast leave off flavors. I never really thought squirt bottles and constantly moving the steak around the grill was a good solution so the reverse sear solved this issue for me.

Here's a link to the discussion regarding why reverse sear works:
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...=100103443#100103443

Back