Tequila Lime Tri-Tip

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
<span class="ev_code_PINK">Happy Easter everyone!</span>
Another windy day today...gonna try Jack Straw's recipe from way back in December of 2004. Complete with the Cherry Tomato Relish. However, I'm using yellow tomatoes only because the cherry toms looked horrible and were a buck more per pint. Yep, I'm cheep
icon_razz.gif
sometimes. Butt quality means something.
Anyway, after searing for 5 minutes each side...
then pulled from the grill at an internal temp of 135'F and resting.
After ten to 15 minutes, I sliced 'er up...
This was veryvery good! Thank you Jack!
And thank you for viewing
icon_biggrin.gif

did my first tri tip yesterday and it was very tasty. just a simple rub no marinade. ill try this recipe next except i dont have tequila. ill just use tecate in its place.

Looks great there Jim!

I will have to give Jack's recipe a try on the tri-tip I have in the frig sometime this week.

Thanks for sharing
icon_wink.gif

Wow Jim. Another home run. Still haven't tried tri tip, but with posts like this, I'm sure it's not too far in my future.

Perfect, Jim!...Perfect!

That sliced pic looks delicious, perfect color all the way across!

Great job!

Hey Jim - At first I missed your post yesterday and was disappointed. Then here she came. Nice job. Not sure I would have thought about those yellow
icon_cool.gif
Toms but they looked great. Looked like a great Easter dinner. Thanks for sharing. Bob B
wsmsmile8gm.gif

It looks like a rib roast to me too, but I've had some "tri tips" cut by the butcher that didn't look anything like the ones usually posted on here. Whatever it is, it looks really FREEKING GOOD! I really like the two big old bites out of one of the slices in the pictures though
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandon A:
It looks like a rib roast to me too, but I've had some "tri tips" cut by the butcher that didn't look anything like the ones usually posted on here. Whatever it is,... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>...Beef Sirloin Tip Roast... AKA Tri Tip.
Yasee, Wisconsin butchers can't seem to call their cuts of home beef the same what Californee butchers calls their cuts of beef. It just wouldn't be right.
After all, where else you gonna find a bubbler being used by a yooper with a hunk a cheddar onis head? aina hey?
icon_biggrin.gif

Back