"Porker"house chops

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Last night I wanted to post dinner photos but my camera/computer knowledge led me in another direction. All the good shots I took are somewhere unknown to me. I do, however, have this nice photo of dinner before grilltime.
Anyway, tonight I am searing a couple of Porterhouse Pork Chops I found in the grocers' butchercase. And I gotta get crackin' here or we'll never eet...
(more to follow)
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Jim - Looks like you are well on your way. Accompanied by Poblano's, Onions, and Yukons. I don't want you to hurt yourself though. If you need a Thermapen for an accurate reading, I've got one of those "Fine Tuned"
icon_wink.gif
Red Thermapens I could loan you. Just a friend offering a friend a free ride if he needs one. Great looking "Porkers" and I suspect they will be "GREAT" coming out the other side. lol. Be checking back later for the up-dates. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, BOB! You know green is faster than red.
Ok, fired up the BurgDoubleD OTS (cuz it was there){Maddie's big head in the photo} and prepped some fingerlings, a few spears of asparagus and halved a sweet onion.
With the taters and onions already grillin' for a while, I added the Porterhouse chops direct to the hot CIGs for 3 minutes. Then turned them after another three minutes and finished them off indirect until the internal temp hit 135-140'F using my (BOB, Listen to this) extremely FAST <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Green Thermapen</span>!
While the pork was resting, and while the fingerlings and onions took a break, I opened a beer and added the asparagus. A few minutes later... everything was plated and ready to eet!
Oh yeah, here's a photo with tonight's beverage of choice standing next to all that food.
icon_biggrin.gif

No leftovers, although, Liz did cut her chop in half to save some for her salad for work tomorrow.
Well, enough said.
Thank you for viewing.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Hey Jim - I think it may be a little unfair to post those pics and then expect me to retract my firm committment to my Red Thermapen. That may be expecting a little too much after eating warmed up Spaghetti tonight. lol. A great looking dinner my friend. I don't want to say it was a "Ho Hum" cook, but I do have to say that it's getting to be pretty much "Business as usual" at the Jim Lampe house when it comes to your cooks. Great Job. Looks good. Bob B
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Thanks guys!
Bob, actually, it was/is pretty much ho-hum... I'm waiting for some warmer weather to flex alittle more than i have been.
It's either too cold or too dark or some other lame excuse I come up with to settle next to the grill or smoker and make a meal of the month.
anyway, enough babble from me, Thanks again.
Enjoy this Sunday!

Once again Jim -- you're killin' me with those pics. Love the grill marks. I think I know what I want for my birthday this May, and it starts with "cast iron"...

Jim, I'm <span class="ev_code_GREEN">green</span> with envy over that plate-full!

I ro-tised a couple of cluckers yesterday. Couldn't figure out why the kettle wasn't coming up to temp, then saw that the bottom vent indicator was set on the oval, not the oval with the "air arrows"
icon_biggrin.gif

Blamed it on the meds, and moved on, with a later than planned dinner
icon_mad.gif

Thanks Gary, It'll be your all-time favourite gift (possibly to yourself) and you'll forget all about the cost of them after a cook or two.
Bob, it's better to eet late than to be late to eet.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'll be smokin' up two <span class="ev_code_GREY">HUGE</span> racks of beef ribs soon, butt I think I'll leave the camera behind and enjoy the mild temps and filtered sunlight that is gracing this area.
Enjoy the day!

Back