Issues with 22" WSM?

M

MikeO

Hello All,

Haven't posted in a while. I was lucky enough to have my wife and kids buy me a new 22" WSM to go along with my 18" WSM and 2 Kettles. I guess I am one of the unfortunate ones to receive a unit from a dealer that was out of round with chipped porcelain. The box looked perfect so i'm assuming this all happened at the factory.

Weber customer service actually sent me all 3 main components very quickly the week after i received this gift...however, lid had chipped porcelain, bowl seemed waaaay larger than the middle cylinder and parts did not fit together well at all.

Contacted cust. svc. again and they said they would QA the parts prior to sending this time. Unfortunately, the parts are out of stock.

I guess i'm being very particular but i figure if my family is spending $400 bones on me that i should be getting something that actually looks brand new and will be able to hold heat properly.

I guess i am curious to see if anyone has had similar issues with the new 22.5"??

Thank you...

some people are and weber fixes it for em. my new 22.5 is showing up wednesday. i ordered from amazon. my 18.5 came from amazon and arrived in perfect condition. i am wondering if different sources are having various quality issues or if its just potluck if you get a bad sample or not.

my wsm was clean and pristine. ive had a bumpy road with my 26 kettle tho. their cs is very good. i think my problems have been with the way things have been packed and fed ex/ups. i dont mind waiting til they get it right. im not going hungry. i do have two & ½ 26 kettles now. dreaming of a 26 wsm

Back