My new Q100! How should I store it?

Pete D.

TVWBB Member
I just got a Q100 - my first gas grill of any kind. I've been using Weber charcoal grills for over 30 years so this is quite a change for me.

I have some questions on protecting it from the elements. I keep all my charcoal grills on a covered porch off of my garage but I was planning on using this closer to my kitchen door. One of the big reasons I wanted this grill is to not have to go too far out in winter weather. Most of my neighbors who have gas grills just leave them outside all winter, sometimes covered, sometimes not. Is that wise?The weather can get harsh here in Wisconsin. Are there parts that will rust if covered by snow? Or should I move it into my garage when I'm done cooking?

Also, does everyone detach the propane cylinder when done cooking?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the noob type questions.

Pete

WeberQ1003of1.jpg

there are covers for it but i would just cover it with a plastic trash bag for now. no, the cyl does not have to be disconnected. enjoy !

Hey, Pete!
icon_smile.gif
...you can get one of these...& leave the bottle hooked up
icon_wink.gif
...I really dig my Q 100, use it 2-3 times per week for quickie steaks veggies, etc ...I cook with it on high constantly...outstanding grill char marks
icon_cool.gif
...also fabulous for the RV
icon_wink.gif

I keep mine outside year round with the Weber fitted cover.

I actually have for Weber fitted covers for all my grilling tools that stay outside other then the Smokey Joe. They keep the grills looking good for many, many years and the covers hold up great!

Personally, I think the paint ontop of the lid is a bit porous and easily stained by outside elements but nothing at all on it will rust because the body is aluminium and the lid is cast aluminium.Also once the inside of the lid goes black, that's it...you'll be there for a month of Sundays trying to get it off but no prob....it's well seasoned.
They are designed to leave in the elements so I wouldn't get too frantic over it.
If you can store it under an outside awning or roofline,it's very safe to leave outside & uncovered.Just be aware that if you have those little table flaps on yours, the birds will come and crap on them.

I use a domestic karcher high pressure cleaner to give it a good clean-up about 3 times a year and brings it up well apart from the permamant cooking colour inside the lid.
I think my little Q120 that i had got hotter much quicker than my Q220 and it cooked awesome steaks, I think better than the 220 but i needed the extra space.
My little Q120 cooked lunch & dinner, almost 6 days per week for 3 yrs.

Cheers

Davo

Back