Meat & Potatoes

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Back to basics night here at the Cash household. A few (on sale - $4.99/lb) porterhouses and taters...

First, I can't believe the amount of pollen we have this year. It's unreal. This is our patio table that was cleaned last night while I was cooking. "One day" of pollen!

IMG_2954.jpg

Ready for the flame.

IMG_2955.jpg

On.

IMG_2956.jpg

Off.

IMG_2957.jpg

Plated.

IMG_2960.jpg

We always try to mix things up with our cooks, "variety is the spice of life" style. Sometimes the simple things in life are the best. This was delicious!

Now that's what I'm talkin' about Don!
No oranges, pomegranate, mint, cranberry, fennel, cilantro, lemon/lime zest, nuts, etc. stuff.
Just meat & taters!

BTW, x2 on the pollen, same here in the Heartland.

Don, you are my new hero! Look at those big honkin' T-bones!
Yeah, my big sis in NC is whining about the pine pollen down there. What's with this crazy weather? Didn't we have a snow storm 5 weeks ago (up north)? It was 92*F in Central Park, NYC today!

Meat and potatoes!
They look great Don.
Simple things that are outstanding.

Not much pollen around here yet but another week or so and it will be.

EVERYTHING is Great coming off Don's grill!
You've Done It Again Don!! Fantastic!
BRAVO!!!

were those taters pre cooked? Seems to me the steaks would get done way before the taters....looks delicious

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Corey Elks:
were those taters pre cooked?
Yes, Corey. Few minutes in the microwave, then skewered and on the grill until they got a little color. Very easy and good!

Great looking food Don and I see you use your Pig Tail. I love mine. I also see you use the Fire Wire. I do not yet have those but I have got to get me a couple of them. They seem to make the cook alot easier.
P.S. Oh, and I enjoy a Heine or two when cooking also.

Just give me the meat and potatoes,forget the desert.Again nice job Don.For $4.99/lb thats a steal.Good marbling.Can't believe that pollen.

Back