Fireball-infused Rotisseried Pineapple

ChadVKealey

TVWBB Pro
Saw this on YouTube: https://youtu.be/j53Yq4_e-cA

Decided to give it a try on my Performer. I used two full char-baskets and a small chunk of cherry on top of each. Spun for an hour over a drip pan, sprinkling with more cinnamon/brown sugar every 15 minutes, then removed the drip pan and slid the charcoal baskets directly under it to caramelize it.

I gotta say that fresh off the grill with some strawberry ice cream, it was damn tasty. I carved up the rest and brought it to work today for the office and it definitely loses something after chilling. The sweetness of the pineapple and brown sugar is still there, and a bit of smoke, but the cinnamon bite is all but gone. I think if I make this again, I'll only do it when it'll be served/consumed that day, and probably bump up the amount of cinnamon (I did 1 tsp cinnamon to 1/2 cup brown sugar).

Bonus: the whiskey that the pineapple had soaked in made for a lovely after-dinner beverage.

You know, that just might become an Easter side dish for a ham this year. I don't have any "Fireball" but, I have some Meyers's rum and everything else right on hand! Ceylon cinnamon, rum, looks a lot like a piñacolada without the coconut.
I like the use of the marinade as an after dinner beverage!

Chad that looks really good. What a great time to post this close to Easter. I think the pairing with ice cream is perfect!

You know, that just might become an Easter side dish for a ham this year. I don't have any "Fireball" but, I have some Meyers's rum and everything else right on hand! Ceylon cinnamon, rum, looks a lot like a piñacolada without the coconut.
I like the use of the marinade as an after dinner beverage!

I think rum would be a good alternative. A bottle of Fireball is about $18 in these parts, although I only used about 1 to 1.5 cups for this application. Our neighbors are Fireball fiends, so at least we'll have some to offer them when they come over.

I've done this with out the booze, and with too - rum work great! Just carve the pineapple with the diamond shape, easily done by following the eyes, and make a simple syrup of brown sugar and water, you can add cinnamon if you want, and place that in a squeeze bottle. Put the fruit on the rotisserie ( I put mine on after the lamb comes off!) and give it a good squirt of sauce. Re-squirt when you can, about every 10-15 min or so.

Back