Hot Wok Q - mini propane gas tank?

Simon Payne

TVWBB Member
Hi,

This is not really a bbq question, but I am hoping that one of you experts might be able to help me with this…

I have recently purchased a Hot Wok Silver for indoor use, as the oven in my kitchen is electric and I like to stir fry over gas. I purchased a tank of propane Patio Gas, which works fine when hooked up to the Hot Wok through the regulator. However, the tank, whilst being the smaller of two sizes, is too large to use indoors. As it is too large I end up storing it all outside in the shed and don’t use it anymore.

I am thinking that there must be a smaller propane gas tank that I can store and use easily indoors. Any ideas?

I have seen small camping gas tanks, but (a) do not even know if these would suitable, and (b) if they could be connected to the Hot Wok Silver through a gas regulator…

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

likely the hose and regulator you got is all crimped instead of thread fittings

see if you can remove the hose from the appliance, if so you can get fittings and a new hose to allow you to connect to the disposable tanks, you will need a Primus male fitting on the end of the hose and likely a regulator

if the hose is crimped on the appliance end I wouldn't mess with it.

hot many BTUs is the wok burner?

Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look and see if I can use a different adapter.

Not sure about BTU. It's 3.7 KW, if that helps...

My guess is you have one of these - Hot Wok Silver

Their products all connect to propane with a hose and a hose clamp.

Instead of a propane tank, you could use one of these - Steak Saver. It's designed to use a propane bottle instead of a tank. Of course less fuel.

Instead of a regular propane tank, there are smaller ones - 11 lb propane tank

Russell is the man, that's what I keep around, the steak saver. That and a 1 lb propane tank and you're good to go.

Thanks guys. This combo looks ideal, but can't find one (yet!) in the UK
icon_frown.gif

Any ideas?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave from Denver:
Is it safe to burn propane indoors? I thought there was a CO hazard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Many folks use LP instead of NG in there homes.

Tim

Back