Spice level suggestions....

Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Classes

P.Schaff

TVWBB Member
Harry,
Thanks for taking the time to share with us this week!

I noticed that your natural preference is for a higher spice level in your foods (I'm in the same camp), and so I wondered if there are some tips you might want to share for those of us who prefer to have more bite in their food? I'm always looking for better/other ways to incorporate heat other than by throwing more cayenne pepper into the rub.

Also do you find yourself cooking one kind of meat more than another when you're home and away from the circuit? Maybe you have a favorite other than the standard ribs/brisket/chicken/shoulder?

Thanks again for your time! Hoping there's a 2nd season.....
Pat

Pat:
Use pepper for front-end heat and cayenne for back end. Give the CBJs a 1-2 punch!
When I'm away from BBQ, I like to cook vegetarian and fish. I do an awesome grilled BBQ tofu. In fact, I served that during a catering gig for Keanu Reeves in Hollywood with my buddy Gary Notley, from Notley Q. The AMW (actress, model, whatever) who were there loved it. I made a grilled tomato onion salad dressing to go with my organic greens and BBQ tofu slices. It was delicious.

Back