Burger and fries.

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Made Bacon,hatch green chili cheese burgers tonight. Other than the burgers being on the wimpy side one of the best burger and fries I have made. Deep fried the fries twice and these came out nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. My first time trying this technique.

Burgers and green chilies on the Weber.
P1000656.jpg

Plated pics.
P1000657.jpg

P1000659.jpg

Fries look excellent and those burgers look "perfectly" formed. How'd you do that?

Also, is that a grate from another grill sitting on your Weber grate?

Excellent job !!

The grate is from an old gasser that I just flipped upside down. I finally bit the bullet and order the CI grate today. My perfectly formed burgers are from a grill pack. 4 burgers, 4 pork sausages, and 8 legs of chicken for $6.00 on sale. Hard to pass that up.

There is a fry thread on here somewhere. I just kind of browsed thru it but someone mentioned double frying them and saw on the Food Network about double frying them too so I decided to try it today. What I did was fried the french fries when I was getting the grill ready for about 4-5 minutes and drained them and let them cool. When everything was resting I refried them until they started to float. Seasoned with some sea salt and seasoning salt and enjoyed.

Hey John - Whoever coined the phrase "Ho-Hum Burgers" never laid eyes on these. Nice job. I think we are all now back into burgers and fries. Way cool. Bob B

It's a good thing for you that I live on the east coast, otherwise I'd be inviting myself to your place for dinner. Nice work John.

Great looking burgers John. I must try some peppers next time.

Burgers are one thing that really impressed me when I went back to charcoal grilling. It's amazing HOW GOOD they are cooked this way.

Back