Reheating Brisket

MWess

Hello,

This is my first post here. I've been reading this site for the past 2 months since I bought my 18 in WSM. I must say any buyer's remorse I had from the $300 I spent quickly disappeared when I had a successful smoke of a pork butt on the first try. Every smoke since has been better and better.

My wife and I are heading to We Fest (Country Music Festival) in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota next week with the in-laws. My father in law asked me to smoke a brisket and bring it up. I've had good luck with brisket so far, but obviously it's never as good re-heated. I've thought about reheating it on the grill in a disposable pan and putting on some of the juices from the meat and some apple juice mixture that I baste with.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to re-heat brisket?

Thanks

actually i find brisket much better the second third and fourth day than the day it came off the smoker.

a good way to do it is to bag it getting as much air as possible out of the bag and freeze it. reheating is merely a matter of sticking the bag(s) in a pot of water and bringing the water toa gentle boil. can also reheat in a microwave if you really dont care about appearences. i typically microwave with a damp paper towel on top of the meat. oven re-heat is also good with a little bit of water in a pan.

if your going to use the next day wrap it in foil and fridge it till the next day. slice cold then heat.

i have re-heated using a grill but you cant just flop it on. it really needs to have some moisture in a pan to prevent dryness. just remember to slice first then re-heat. reheat uncut brisket takes too long and will actually re-start the cookign process drying your meat out by the time the center is hot.

MWess

I agree with Jon. I have reheated many briskets by using the grill or on the smoker. I slice into serving sizes and put in those throw away serving pans with lids, and put in the fridge or coolers.
On the day that I have to serve the meat, I put the pan on the grill or smoker, on low heat, and use a mixture of the juice that I collected from the cook, and apple juice to add moisture back to the meat. This is now my standard way of doing brisket and pork butts

Back