Stupid things we do!!

Scooter B

TVWBB Pro
Just wanted to share a good laugh with everyone. If any of you know my wife you can NEVER repeat this.

So for the superbowl I decided I'd do a couple racks of Baby Backs and a full upper grate of ABT's. Even being in the -10 C temperature range, the cook went great. Ribs tasted fantastic and ABT's where run away sucess as always.

Now to the comedy. As many of my fellow northerner's probably do, I move my WSM to the garage for the winter from it's usual post on the deck. This means that ever cook invovles me lugging the cooker all the way around the house and back up to the deck. This can be a risky proposition with the ice and snow but its worth it.
So today I get home at lunch to realize I left the WSM on the deck overnight. At this point i figure I'll move it back the garage before the wife comments after work. This is when I get the brilliant idea.... my wife isn't home... so rather then walk all the way around the house I'll just bring the unit THROUGH the house to the garage... One of those Wiley Coyote "super genious" ideas!! Cuts the travel by like 60% and I won't have to put on my boots.

So I open the interior garage door.... then the sliding glass door. The coast was clear! I'm carrying the unit by the lip of the charcoal bowl like usual only when i reach the garage door the handle I added to the midsection catches the door handle!! At this point all I remember is a giant cloud of grey. Didn't I dump a whole charcoal bowl full of ash in the hallway!!! Needless to say my next 30 min of lunch was spent carefully cleaning the hardwood to ensure theres no chance my wife will ever know!! haha Any wagers on how long until she notices??

Memo to self: take the long way around the house next time

why did you clean it up ? she will notice immediately and make you clean again and again.
icon_eek.gif

Thanks Scooter. That really was a LOL. I'm always happy to hear about other people's screwups. Now I know, it's not just me!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back