Chuck Eyes

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Found some chuck eyes for the first time at my local grocer the other night and grilled them up with some EVOO, salt, pepper and some red onion slices. Great steak and I love the price - $4-something per pound if I remember correctly. I'll post some pics later.

After all the talk about chuckies on these boards, I had to try them. Definitely not disappointed.

Jim, I tried them once, maybe I got some bad ones but did not like em. I'll stick to Ribeyes for $4.99 on sale.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Jim, I tried them once, maybe I got some bad ones but did not like em. I'll stick to Ribeyes for $4.99 on sale.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can certainly get bad ones......my wife has brought some home where they're mainly fat, but the majority of the time they're pretty meaty and tasty.

PC280116.jpg

A little late with the pic, but here it is. Portabella mushroom risoto and grilled red onion along for the ride.

Hey JimK,

I tried chuck eye for the first time recently as well. I got a whole one and cut a few steaks off for a trial. Really good !

So I was back at the butcher last weekend and mentioned how much I enjoyed it. She said "oh yeah - that was from a very special animal, it was Wagyu beef". And they didn't even charge me extra. No wonder I keep going back.

Your meal looks great, gotta love that mushroom risotto as a side.

Once in a while the Meijer store nearby runs them for $2.70 a LB. Most of the time they are very good, but can be just OK at times as well.

Back