Welcome, Gary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I'm opening this forum a bit early (Sunday night) because I may be too busy on Monday morning to do it then.

I would like to welcome Gary Wiviott to our online Q&A this week! Some of you with long memories will remember that Gary was a member of TVWBB going way back to 2001. Eventually he developed his own website called Prof. Wiviott's Master the WSM Smoker in 5 Easy Dinners Course where he promoted his 5-lesson WSM program. Now, Gary has converted that website content into a book called Low & Slow: Mastering the Art of Barbecue in Five Easy Lessons.

Actually, he's done more than just convert the website content...he's added instructions for barbecuing on an offset and kettle grill, and he's added over 130 recipes, too.

Gary's publisher sent me an advance copy of the book, and I've read it cover-to-cover. It's well written, easy to understand, entertaining, and a good translation of his 5-lesson website into book format.

Just a few days after I received the book, Gary and I got in touch and I asked if he would join us here for an author Q&A. I'm pleased that Gary said "Yes."

As we start the Q&A, please remember to create a new message thread for each new question. It gets confusing when a single message thread contains various questions and topics.

Also, Gary's publisher Running Press has kindly provided 5 copies of Low & Slow: Mastering the Art of Barbecue in Five Easy Lessons that we'll be giving away by random drawing. Check back on Monday evening for the secure entry form.

I'm looking forward to a great Q&A. Please keep the discussion on-topic and friendly, as we pride ourselves on here at TVWBB.
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back