Missouri > Kirkwood: Richard's Ribs (CLOSED)

Ernie D

TVWBB Pro
Richard's Ribs
10727 Big Bend Rd.
Kirkwood, MO 63122

This place is very near Big Bend and Lindbergh(Kirkwood)

First, this is a homestyle BBQ joint. It is not a modern competition style place like Pappy's. I love all BBQ, but expectations are important.

Richard at Richard's Ribs does a lot of things right. He has one thing nobody else has: Richard's Sauce. The first time people try this sauce... watch their reaction. It is dark in color, kind of thick, very sweet, and has a distinct flavor that nobody can quite pinpoint. The first time I had it, I liked it more with every bite. After the second time... I was craving it.

Richards serves your standard BBQ fare with a nice selection of fried foods too. They have amazing Jerk chicken wings, and a nice selection of fried fish. Snoots are available as a weekly special. Oh, I can't forget this... Fountain Grape soda available with free refills! They also have amazing fresh baked deserts.

The main thing you get at Richard's is perfectly cooked BBQ with truly addicting sauce. Don't go there, order a pulled pork sandwich, and complain they didn't offer a carolina sauce. Embrace what Richard's is... They consistantly make great stuff. Go hungry, get the ribs, and tear up a whole slab. You will have a perfectly cooked slab with flavors you can only find at Richard's Ribs. They also make a great version of a St. Louis classic... The Pork Steak.

The atmosphere is nothing special, but I like it. You are not going to hang out and drink beers, but you might watch a whole episode of Judge Mathis on a TV mounted to the ceiling above the dining area.

Give it a try with an open mind. Richard does his thing the same way every day. Unique, consistant, tender BBQ, at a fair price....If you like the sauce, take a pint home for your next cook.

Enjoy!

Back