Ceramic Saucer for 22"

Howard B.

TVWBB Member
Sorry if this has been addressed already but I did search the site for a while but found nothing. Tried to find a ceramic saucer today for the large water pan but came up empty. Has anyone been able to find one that is large enough to fit on the water pan edge? Is there an alternative?

Thanks,
Howard

I just use the empty water pan foiled. I have seen other folks mention that they use clean playground sand as an alternative heat sink to the water. I suppose you could use a couple foiled bricks in the foiled pan as well. That would be close.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't really answer the question. I have been yet unable to find a stone of that size nor have I seen it mentioned.

Howard,
I looked in vain for a large saucer (19"). You might find one at a specialty nursery but I had no luck at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. I found some large saucers online but they were $30! I opted for a 16" saucer from Home Depot. I had a small 8" saucer at home. I put the 8" saucer in the water pan upside down then put the 16" saucer on top of that. Foiled the large saucer and then the water pan. Works like a charm. Sits about 2" below the lip of the water pan so it catches grease/fat perfectly. Hold temps like a rock and 5 second clean up. The 16" saucer has about a 2" gap between the saucer and the water pan, but since I foil the water pan for clean up it holds in all the heat.
Think the 16" saucer cost approx $8-10.

after about 15 cooks on my 22 i took a pressure washer to my pan and knocked the gunk out. only reason i did that was cuz i had the washer out for another project. i dont foil or use water or a saucer. but i dont really care if the pan is gunked up or not either.

Back