Q220 or Q320

Mike Mraz

I am newer to grilling and need to replace my old Charbroil.

I have narrowed it down to the Q220 or the Q320. I can't seem to make up my mind. I am hoping someone can help me out.

I will be grilling mostly the basics, and will mainly be cooking for 2-4 people, and rarely for more than 6. I really don't care about portability, I will get the stationary stand with hose adaptor if I get the Q220.

The Q220 with the stand is $310 and the Q320 is $380. Is it worth the extra money for the Q320 or is the Q220 enough for me?

i was on the fence about the same thing last fall. i had decided on the 220 and went to pick it up and was offered a great deal on a genesis. i stll might get a 220 to leave at my folks house. the 220 is a lot of grill for the money.
you cant lose either way as long as its a weber

Hi Mike
Welcome to the forum - what a dilema a 220 or 320.

I have cooked and demonstrated the 220 and the 300. We don't have the 320 in Australia but I do know the differences.

Portability is not a worry for you so we will discount that aspect.

The 320 has several features that make it stand out such as the handle light and the warming rack, very useful features. The 220 is good for 6 to 8 people, I can cook 2 chickens indirectly at one time, however I can also do the veggies at the same time on the 320. The gas useage on the 220 for a 20 lb bottle is 36 hours whereas it is only about 22 hours on the 320. The 320 gets up to heat quicker and has a higher top temp. The split grill on the 320 is great it makes cleaning easier and there is abn optional griddle that you can get for it (It may come as standard in the USA).

I have had a 220 for 5 years, if I had a choice now I would have a 320 if it was the only grill,

I also have a Genesis so the 220 is ideal as my primary grill just for the two of us, I do use it as a portable from time to time.

Bacially a 320 is marginally better for just having one (gas) grill.

Cheers

I have the 320 and if portability is not an issue I would go with it. I absolutely love mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
I'm waiting for the Weber Q 420.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

???????????? - Bill do you know something that I don't or are you just rattling my chains?

Cheers

I LOVE my 220! LOTS of room to cook on it. I also use it on the fold up Q cart.

GREAT little grill!

Either way you win!

Well, I am now the proud new owner of a Weber Q320
icon_smile.gif

I assembled the Q this evening, and can't wait to fire it up and try some new recipes.

Thanks for all your input. I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions once I start cooking.

Back