JC Penney Meat Slicer

D Larsen

TVWBB Super Fan
I've been wanting a meat slicer for a while, mainly to do thin-sliced meats like tri-tips or rounds (like Baltimore's pit beef sammies, or corned beef, etc. For as often as I would use it, I couldn't justify a major expense for an expensive new or used slicer...

We happened to be in the local Penney's, and they had a "Cook's" meat slicer for only $50 (usually $110 or so)...I figured...it's probably a POS, but at $50, what do I have to lose ???
icon_biggrin.gif

Used it last night on my tri-tip sammies...it IS a POS, but it sliced the meat nice and thin, and the sammies were great ! I have no idea how it'll do on anything else, but it does have a nice thickness adjustable blade...the beef was more than thin enough !

The bad news ? It has no place in the back to "capture" the slices as they come off the blade, and it's a PITA to clean everything
icon_frown.gif
The loading platform is small, and it smells like burning electrical insulation when it's on
icon_smile.gif

Anyway...my impression so far...anyone with good knife skills (and a good knife !) could do what this appliance does, but it's a cheap slicer, and we were happy with our dinner !

Dean...

Back