Blizzard Leg of Lamb for my Valentine

JeremyC

TVWBB Fan
Here in Baltimore, where we got about 6 feet of snow in a matter of a week, I decided to try my best summer impression by grilling up a boneless leg of lamb for my wife for valentines day.

Took a 3 lb boneless leg of lamb, which was pre-twined and marinated in the following:

Didn't really measure, but from greatest to least:

Olive Oil
Lime Juice
Chipotle Mustard
Salt
Black Pepper
Rosemary
Thyme
Oregano
and a sprig of fresh mint

Vac-sealed the meat/marinade for about 6 hours.

Cleared a path on my deck to my Performer and reverse seared to 100 degrees before cranking up the heat to 600 and giving it a good crust.

2122353550093516109S600x600Q85.jpg

Searing...
2884651610093516109S600x600Q85.jpg

Gotta have a beer shot!
2260663290093516109S600x600Q85.jpg

Sliced and ready to go
2134410040093516109S600x600Q85.jpg

Mmmmmmmm it was good.

Looks awesome! I love IPA's. Have you tried Bell's Brewery Hopslam yet? They sold out in one day here in Atlanta. I think they call it a douple ipa b/c of the hoppiness. oh, and it's 10% abv
icon_eek.gif

Jeremy, that looks awesome! I wish my wife liked lamb. I am stuck ordering it at restaurants. Maybe I should buy and grill some and tell them that it's steak. Again, awesome looking lamb!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamie Berry:
Looks awesome! I love IPA's. Have you tried Bell's Brewery Hopslam yet? They sold out in one day here in Atlanta. I think they call it a douple ipa b/c of the hoppiness. oh, and it's 10% abv
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do they sell that Nationwide ? I love IPAs as well, always up for a new one.

Thanks Chuck, give it a shot, what's the worst that happens? More lamb for you!

I cook Lamb at least once a week every way imaginable. One of my favourites is on the rotis with a marinade similar to the one above.
I think that marinades come down to personal taste and I found that what one likes another turns their nose up at.
A good marinade should have Oil, Acid and aromatics. The aromatics should be restricted to only a few like you have done above.
I don't generally add salt to a marinade, I season with salt just before cooking.
The photo is intriguing as we never have snow so it is hard to imagine barbecuing in such conditions.
Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:
I cook Lamb at least once a week every way imaginable. One of my favourites is on the rotis with a marinade similar to the one above.
I think that marinades come down to personal taste and I found that what one likes another turns their nose up at.
A good marinade should have Oil, Acid and aromatics. The aromatics should be restricted to only a few like you have done above.
I don't generally add salt to a marinade, I season with salt just before cooking.
The photo is intriguing as we never have snow so it is hard to imagine barbecuing in such conditions.
Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know it is love when you have to push 5 feet of packed snow off the deck just to get to your grilling aparatus...

Nice pics Jeremy - thanks. And I am also a fan of Dogfish Head - it is made in Delaware just east of you. Their 90 min IPA is also high alcohol content.

Thanks again,

Ray

Back