EZ-Que came today!

michele p

TVWBB Pro
I am so excited to try this out!
One question which I can't find anywhere, Are the cook times longer when using the rotisserie? Or would the time be similar to cooking indirect?
Thanks in advance!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michele p: I will post pics of the 1st cook! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Watcha gonna cook?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Congrats Michele!

Looking forward to seeing your first roti cook </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Watcha gonna cook? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am thinking the 1st cook will be a chicken. Minimal expense, for the learning curve I am sure I will have the 1st time.
But, I really can't wait to slap a rib roast on there!!
icon_smile.gif

michele, make sure you use a pair of pliers to tighten the hold down arms. that being said do not over do it. just use them to snug things up a bit. also get a wrench and tighten up the two rods. remember that they are left handed threads. congrats and we need pics !!

Hi Michelle... In general it "should" take a shorter lenght of time. It also depends on what you are cooking; chicken, turkey, roasts, a baron of beef or a whole hog. Rotating the meat distributes the heat better and thus lessening and eliminating hotspots.

Good luck!

joe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michele p:
I really can't wait to slap a rib roast on there!!
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> Do one this weekend, and we'll all come over
icon_biggrin.gif

Michelle, will you kindly remind me where you purchased your E-Z Que from? I know there was a thread, but I don't seem to see it right now.

It wasn't from E- Que directly, correct?

quote:
michele, make sure you use a pair of pliers to tighten the hold down arms. that being said do not over do it. just use them to snug things up a bit. also get a wrench and tighten up the two rods. remember that they are left handed threads. congrats and we need pics !!

Will do (or should I say my husband will do) Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rotating the meat distributes the heat better and thus lessening and eliminating hotspots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That makes sense, thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do one this weekend, and we'll all come over </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
All are welcome! BYOB
icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, make sure the rods are tight. Otherwise you will see the basket come up to the top and swing swiftly back down to the bottom. Not a catastrophe, but during the cook a bit of a PIA to tighten up, but you can do it.

Easier to make sure they are tight at set up
icon_smile.gif

Most every cook in the rotisserie had shorter times in my experience.

Have fun!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michele p:
I got it on ebay from a seller named webercloseouts . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you kindly for the information. Enjoy your rotisserie.
icon_smile.gif

Back