new member of the wsm club

Steven Simpkins

TVWBB Member
I have been reading threads about the WSM for months and was convinced by members on here that I would not regret buying one so today I found an 18.5 for $239 and ordered it. What can I expect? I will have to tell my wife it is my Fathers Day, Birthday and Christmas present early.

Bones

Steve:

Congrats!! Trust me, as long as your wife isn't a vegetarian, as soon as she tastes the food you turn out she will be on the road to forgiveness.

Speaking of which, I have to end up living vicariously thru the members cooking posts, because if I fired up the WSM as often as I wanted I'd have to buy a larger wardrobe.

Get your belt ready!

Steve, I agree with Mitch. My wife was a bit skeptical when they delivered my new 22.5, but after the first smoke and baby backs for Mother's Day, and the pulled pork we have in the freezer, her only questions now is: "What are you smoking this weekend, I can't wait!"

Go figure?

Congrats Steve, what you can expect is lots of fun and amazing temp control. For me the WSM is an escape, I live for the weekends when I can BBQ

If your wife isn't a big bbq fan, remember you can also make great chicken (beer-can or otherwise), smoked turkey, and other goodies on the WSM.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back