Pocket Thermometer

Terry Murphy

TVWBB Fan
Can anyone recommend a good Pocket Thermometer ? There are so many to choose from. I'll be using it for everything ; 18.5 Bullet, Genesis Silver grill, Kitchen oven, Campfire cooking, etc.

One of these days I'll spring for it -- prolly the <span class="ev_code_RED">orange </span>because they're supposed to be the most accurate. (Hey, no orange type!)

Thanks folks. Not sure if I want to spend 100 bucks on a thermometer. I'll keep looking around. There's got to be something decent out there with a better price. I do appreciate the feedback.

Nope.
Nothing better.
Worth every stinkin' cent you pay.
Once you have it, you'll laugh at all the others.

CDN makes some pretty good ones in the $15-$19 range on Amazon. I have one as a back up/second one to my thermoworks unit.

Get the Thermapen. I don't know what I would do without it. It is expensive, BUT WORTH IT!!!
You won't know how you cooked without it.

Terry,the missus would hit the roof if I told her I wanted a $100 thermometer. I got an OXO dial thermo at Bed,Bath & Beyond for about $12. Not lightning fast,but accurate. I haven't made anyine sick yet!
icon_biggrin.gif

my thermapen is 2 years old. got it refurbished so saved some cash. its still going strong and i havent replaced the batteries. i think its a good investment because if i had bought something else it probably would have been replaced by now.

Count me in as another vote for the thermapen. You'd be surprised how frustrating slow inaccurate thermometers with large tips are once you get used to being able to take a real quick reading.

I have a couple of the small analog ones like the first one on this page. They are not "instant" by any means, but are reasonably fast and work okay. If I was going to buy a new one, though, I'd spring for the Thermapen.

Back