Miniature Cinnamon Rolls

Chris W.

TVWBB Pro
Be warned, this recipe is very unspecific. I'm hoping to post pictures sometime in the next week to illustrate the process.

1 cup Crisco
2 cups flour
1 to 1-1/4 sticks butter
~ 1 teaspoon of salt
Cinnamon
Sugar

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Mix the Crisco and flour until crumbly. Add cold water a little bit at a time, stirring to mix it in. Add the salt.

Flour the work surface and shape the dough into a rectangle on the work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll it out, flipping every so often, until the dough is very thin.

Using a butter knife, spread a layer of butter over the dough, using at least one whole stick of butter.

Cover the dough with a generous helping of cinnamon, followed by a very generous helping of sugar.

Roll the dough into a log, and cut the log into small pieces, then place the pieces on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cook for ~15 minutes, until the tops are just golden brown. Remove them from the cookie sheet immediately.

The unspecific nature of the recipe (thanks Mom) is why I want to document it with pictures, so everyone can see what I mean by "a generous helping of cinnamon and sugar", how thin I make the dough, what they look like when they are done cooking, what size they are when I cut them off the log, and so on. Alas, I have not had time to do this yet.

For the record, I think that the pieces I cut off the log and put onto the cookie sheet are roughly an inch wide.

Chris,
I look forward to seeing some pictures about the process. My wife loves cinammon rolls and I think the kids would go wild for small cinammon rolls.
Lance

Working on the pictures, Lance. I went about making them today, but the dough came out very, very sticky. I gave up before I got to the "shape the dough into a rectangle" step and trashed everything. Obviously, I took no pictures of this, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it came out this way. I didn't figure it out until I actually re-read my first post here; I only used one cup of flour instead of two today. Oops on my part.

Once I get to the store and get some more flour tomorrow, I'm going to try again, and will hopefully have pictures posted by sometime next week. We're headed out of town on Friday, so I don't want to make too much right before then, but if I can find the time tomorrow to get to the store, I'll try to make them then and get some pictures of it.

Back