Lomo Al Trapo

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Saw this on Primal Grill, anyone try it yet?

Salt encrusted beef tenderloin, wrapped in cloth, and cooked directly on hot coals.
If you missed the episode, here it is on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa09qbK6QGI

A thread on Chowhound mentions using a pork loin, and a reply from Raichlen says it can be done, just leave rest for 10 min. to obtain 160 internal.

Sounds Great Bob!
You grill this up and we'll watch
icon_biggrin.gif
and, of course, sample it too
icon_razz.gif

That looks interesting. Even I might be able to throw 2 lbs of salt on a towel. Do you think he had enough fire going? Lampe, you try it only make sure yours is at least a 3 lber
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lonnie Mac:
There is no doubt! I WILL be doing this one on my Texas pit! Thanks for posting this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lonnie,
Please post your results!

Bob

Anyone ever try this. Looks good, I am thinking of trying it myself. The only variable I can think of is the heat. It looks like that was a pretty hot fire, but I would think that could change your cooking time a little. In the video it appears to be about med-rare.

Somehow I missed this original post, but yes, I'm determined to make that sometime. Will let you know.
icon_cool.gif

Back