Cleaning Q300 grate

Antti P

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

I use the Weber triangural brush to clean the grate's on my Q300. But still it's difficult to it cleaned properly.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to make the cleaning easier?

Thanks!

yea, i like the weber brush but it does seem a bit lacking in cleaning the q grates. i use a brass welders brush and it works great.

+1 on the brass welders brush + I let mine burn off a while on full boogey befor I put it away then clean the grates and the stuf just about falls off .add that to a 10 or 15 minute warm up every cook and my grates are perfect and well sesoned !+ I coat them with pam befor and afer every cook after cleaning when it has cooled down . You can also just put some oil on a papper towel and wipe the grates and that a do just fine

I tossed cold chops on mine couple days ago and they slid around like ice cubes no sticking at all .

Wow, glad to see this discussion. I have six weber grills 3 charcoal 3 gas. The q 300 grates have been a nightmare to clean. i recently gave up trying and just put the cooking grate from my lodge hibachi grill on top. Just purchased cast iron grates for the smokey joe from craycort and they seem to work just fine. Think Ill have weber send me new grates and try this brass welding brush idea.

I have the Q220 which is size below yours and yes, despite all the brushing and burning, theres always a lot of gunk hanging down under the grates....as long as the top of the grates where your food will be going is clean as possible after a good hot pre-heat and a brushing down before cooking, you will be ok.

Every now & then, like all good Grill maintenance,take off the grills, turn them upside down and use a good oven cleaner or degreaser, leave it on for at least 30 minutes or so....and I usually give it a good blast with my high pressure water cleaner like a Gerni or K'Archer, let it dry in the sun for a bit then give it a good oil over.
Sometimes If I leave it too long between clean-ups...i gotta use a flat sided screwdriver to scrap off some grease on the underside (heck if I know how it gets in under there..hasn't grease heard of gravity)That's all I do and been using my Q's 5 days per week for nearly 5 years.It's a cooking device...it's gunna get greasy so take it apart and give it a good clean up every 3 months...all I can advise.

Cheers

Davo

I just fire up the 22.5 grill and then throw the Q grate on the grill and let it back for an hour or two. Works for me!

Back