firewire

Tim C

TVWBB Super Fan
we usually only eat things that had a face but this looks pretty good. my brother sent me this link and said they're $10. its from a small kansas town just east of him. must have been on local tv there. website doesnt have the pricing up yet
firewire

Tim, I found FIREWIRE at the local AceHardware store (looking for Weber replacement parts) about a year ago. I hope you believe me when you hear me tell you these skewers are simply FANTASTIC. For ten bucks you get two skewers. About 18 inches or so of food space and stainless handles you hang off the grill (open or closed). The neat thing is you put in on the grill ANYWHERE there is room. the wire is flexible and cleans up very nicely after dinner.
I love this product so much, I went back about three weeks later to buy two more packages. Storage is cool too, rool them in a coil or hang them wherever.
Check 'em out. I believe it's a cool product and a decent deal.

I hadn't seen these before but after watching the video then going to Amazon to look at reviews, I bought 2 sets. Thanks for posting.

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris from OHIO:
I hadn't seen these before but after watching the video then going to Amazon to look at reviews, I bought 2 sets. Thanks for posting.

Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto. Great find Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very interesting, thanks Tim. I'll check out my local stores and see if I can find some and if not, I'm ordering.

I got a pair of them from HSN in June and I agree that they are great! You can put more food on because you can twist them to conform to your grill shape. The stainless end pieces stay relatively cool to the touch if you drape them over the side of the grill. For the price and the convenience, these are a 'must have'!

Got my two pair today from Amazon (Free 2 day shipping with Prime membership)

The quality seems very good indeed. I can't wait to use them.

By the way, don't forget you can skewer your food on them, then "ziplock" bag them for marinating... only handling the food once. Very convenient.
Enjoy
wsmsmile8gm.gif

If you're grilling meat, how do you sterilize the pointed end? In the videos, the pointed end is always hanging outside the grill and used as a handle.

That sounds like the best way to do it. I was assuming that people do just that, but this was never shown in the above videos. The videos imply that you can pull a wire skewer straight out of a marinade bag, and leave the pointed out hanging off the grill without worrying about its prior contact with raw meat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That sounds like the best way to do it. I was assuming that people do just that, but this was never shown in the above videos. The videos imply that you can pull a wire skewer straight out of a marinade bag, and leave the pointed out hanging off the grill without worrying about its prior contact with raw meat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used my firewire for the first time and I was confused about this as well. When it came time to flip them, I grabbed the wire and it was covered in chicken and oily marinade. I said I wouldn't do that again and just used tongs. I left the tip ends outside the grill and didn't think much of it until it came time to remove the cooked chicken and I had to pass it through the raw slime. It seems like this is something they need to address. You can't have the tips stay cool to the touch and be safe.

I had my set since they were first introduced. I really like them for reasons mentioned above. Thing is I've always left the entire assembly in the grill.

I just use the food handling gloves to move these around or tongs.

I keep thinking that I would touch up those so-called "pointy" ends that are really blunt IMHO on a grinder but have never gotten to that
icon_smile.gif

i leave the pointy ends in for the first part of the cook, then i pull them around and let them hang outside so they're cool to the touch.

The only downside is that you have to put the food on the grill! I'm experimenting with yakitori and other kebab type of grilling where the food is suspended above the fire without a grill.

Back