Failed on my first smoke day :S

Dwayne M

TVWBB Member
The bad news is i was going to do some St Louis ribs on my 14.5 WSM today but a Performer Deluxe showed up on Craigslist an hour and a half south of me and by the time the guy responded to me it was already 3 pm so I headed south to go get it asap as it was a steal at $125 and was also my favorite color to boot!
2016-05-28_zpsefrresop.jpg

so needless to say by the time i got home got it put back together (it wouldn't fit in my car and i knew that) all i had time to do was fire it up for the first time and make some hotdogs for a late dinner but end of the day i feel i won and am planning on doing ribs tomorrow and a 8lb brisket on monday in my WSM to make up for it, hope you all forgive me! :cool:

There is always tomorrow.
You got a smokin' deal on that cooker.
Love the color.
Looking forward to seeing some cooks on it.

Nice deal! Today is ok for smoking. It really should be called Smoke Day Weekend!:cool:

Indeed it should be :)

Going to do a trial run smoking ribs on it today, if that goes well I'll probably use it for the 8lb Brisket Monday instead of my 14.5 wsm just because it will fit in there a lot easier lol

Great deal on that blue performer. We have the exact same one and love the color. Don't feel bad Barb and I didn't get everything done yesterday, life got in the way, so we're doing it today.

WOW!!! That was a great fine and looks awesome. Like Rich said there is always tomorrow for cooking.

Well after plenty of thought i decided i should remove the gas ignition system and stick my BBQ Guru's blower adapter in the hole and give smoking some ribs a shot on the new performer today, for now until i order and get a slow n sear for it i'm just using some bricks and a water pan as heat deflectors, if all goes well with the lunch ribs today I'm most likely going to do the 8 Lb Brisket on this tomorrow for memorial day rather than try to get the thing into my 14.5 wsm :D

IMG_20160529_100437063_HDR_zpss4gzqcaf.jpg

Putting the ribs on, doing my standard rub which consists of a layer of Seasoned Salt and a Layer of brown sugar.

IMG_20160529_100939119_zpsfxpelhxs.jpg

all set at 250 Deg stable will update with progress in approx 2 hrs when i check on em :wsm:

Great looking ribs Dwayne! And nice find on the Performer, I got the same one (color and all) off of CL in Brentwood a year and a half ago. Your going to love it!

From looking at those tasty looking ribs, I'd say your delayed start time for Smoke Day was well worth it, Dwayne. If that same Performer were to be up for sale in my neck of the woods, I'd do the exact same thing.

Back