My New Weber Grill

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
I have purchased three(3) of your excellent BBQ Books over the last few years; "Weber's Charcoal Grilling, The Art of Cooking with Live Fire", "Weber's Way to Grill and "Weber's Smoke".

I am a long-time user of the Weber Charcoal Grill(WSM 18" Classic,Weber OTG) and I will be receiving a new Weber 22" "Master Touch Grill" within a couple of week here in the Country of Costa Rica. The Weber Brand is "big-time" here in Costa Rica and we have Weber BBQ Fests here every year.

My question is what is the best way to "season" my new "Master Touch Grill"??

I have purchased three(3) of your excellent BBQ Books over the last few years; "Weber's Charcoal Grilling, The Art of Cooking with Live Fire", "Weber's Way to Grill and "Weber's Smoke".

I am a long-time user of the Weber Charcoal Grill(WSM 18" Classic,Weber OTG) and I will be receiving a new Weber 22" "Master Touch Grill" within a couple of week here in the Country of Costa Rica. The Weber Brand is "big-time" here in Costa Rica and we have Weber BBQ Fests here every year.

My question is what is the best way to "season" my new "Master Touch Grill"??

Throw a chimney of charcoal in it along with your protein of choice :cool:

There's no need to "season" a kettle.

First of all, thank you, Richard. It really means a lot to me that you invest so much in my books and recipes. I am grateful for that. When I get a new grill like a Master Touch, I usually fire it up with a chimney of charcoal, as DaveW says, and cook up some fatty sausages over direct heat. This helps to create a nice slick surface on the grate, and that just gets better and better with more grilling.

I'll bet there are some seriously good eats to be had in C.R. A BBQ fest there sounds like a good way to escape!

Back