lansky knife sharpener

Corey Elks

TVWBB All-Star
just got my kit, used it and WOW. this thing is incredible. Put edges back on all my kitchen and pocket knive better then new. will shave the hair off your arm. Best knife sharpener ive ever used. And kits are very reasonably priced. just thought id share.

I bought the basic kit and the serrated hone. I haven't spent a ton of time with it yet but it did make very obvious improvements on the knives that I tried it with. Do you have the "super fine" hone? Is it worth it to spend the time with anything more than the "fine" that comes with the kit? The edgepro gets rave reviews but is a ton more $$ than the lansky...the difference in price(at this point) outweighs my preference for a sharp knife versus a razor sharp knife. I think once I have used it a little more the results with the lansky will be very good.

bd

I DO NOT HAVE THE SUPERFINE. i THINK IF YOU USE A PIECE OF LEATHER STRAPPING LIKE A BELT AFTER FINE STONE IT WILL DO SAME THING.

I have the Gatco system which is very similar to the Lansky. I've found that I can get better results by wrapping the stones with different grits of wet/dry sandpaper. I start off with 220 (or lower if I need to reprofile the edge) and move up to 600 or 1000. I found that I could work faster with the corse grits and get a better edge with the finer grits than I could with the regular stones. You can get the finer grades of paper at automotive supply stores in the body depts.

Back