Another Foodsaver question

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
We’re looking at getting a Foodsaver vacuum system. Costco has the 4980 for $149.00 and the FM2100 for $59.00. We like the size of the FM2100 as counter space is at a premium. I would also like to be able to marinate with it and they are not listing that function for the FM2100. Aside from the pulse function and extra bags, is there anything else that justifies the price difference. Any other advice is also really appreciated as I’m a puppy at this.

Thanks,

Rolf, Have you gone up on foodsaver .com? They are having a pretty good sale with 20% off any one item and free shipping on purchases over $50.
Might find some answers to your questions there.
We have the V2341 and are very happy with it.

http://www.foodsaver.com/deals/mega-sale/

That's a good deal. We have the V3460 and like it alot but it does waste a few more inches when making/sealing bags from rolls.
We got ours from BB&B with the 20% off coupon. Its still going strong after 10+ yrs.

Tim

We’re looking at getting a Foodsaver vacuum system. Costco has the 4980 for $149.00 and the FM2100 for $59.00. We like the size of the FM2100 as counter space is at a premium. I would also like to be able to marinate with it and they are not listing that function for the FM2100. Aside from the pulse function and extra bags, is there anything else that justifies the price difference. Any other advice is also really appreciated as I’m a puppy at this.

Thanks,

Thanks. I have given the site to the boss and will let her make this now life or death decision. Me? I'm going to have a beer.........

You might want to compare FoodSaver with the Weston. They are getting some good press and reviews. Cook's Illustrated also included a Weston in Cook's latest reviews. I believe that they might be a bit more money but the value seems to be there, especially since they pull a higher vacuum than FoodSaver. Worth a look.

Rita

Back