Cabela's Heavy-Duty Slicer

What will you slice with it, bacon, cheese, ham? Only slices up to 2/3" for steaks.
Roasts, Chicken & Turkey breasts, Beef Jerky (sliced then cut into strips with a knife) I do hope to buy Pork Bellies and make my own bacon and would certainly use it to slice that but probably most it's use will be Chicken & Turkey breasts.

This looks a lot like the Waring "pro" slicer with the serrated blade. It will work in a pinch but to be honest, and excuse my language, it sucks.

This looks a lot like the Waring "pro" slicer with the serrated blade. It will work in a pinch but to be honest, and excuse my language, it sucks.
40 positive reviews spanning two+ years. Now granted, it's a pretty basic unit, but hey....$80 for a slicer ($50 off) I'm all over that

The Cabela's model has a higher output motor than the Waring Pro. I have the Chef's Choice 609 which my wife got me for really cheap on ebay (~$50). It gets the job done, certainly isn't a professional slicer but it slices up roasts nice and thin. Can't see you going wrong with the Cabela's, just have to keep in mind it's not for everday use like actual professional slicers.

40 positive reviews spanning two+ years. Now granted, it's a pretty basic unit, but hey....$80 for a slicer ($50 off) I'm all over that

I agree, it all depends on what and how much you're going to use it. I have an old Rival 1101E5 that I've had forever and it still performs really well for what I use it for. Which is my bacon and Canadian bacon, beef roast, turkey breast etc. I'm sure the Cabela's is a much better one than I have so I would at that price jump on it also if your just going to use it occasionally for the things you said.

Back