Weber cover with Q

Susie

Do you guys in sunnier climes use the cover for your Q?

My Q is getting very wet under the cover. I rang WeberUK and was told that the cover is not waterproof but it's function is to keep the dirt out. To my mind, the cover is only serving to trap moisture in! Is it worth using????

I use mine to keep dirt and dust off it ! I store mine in my garge anyway ! I would cover it keeping it outside anyway but there nothing on it that a rust I don't think except the very fe SS parts .

I have both covers, and the long one does leak a little. However, it's not much of a problem as long as the grate is oiled. I bought the long cover to keep the snow off, but if you want to make sure your's stays dry then cover it with a garbage bag.

One small tip for winter Qing is keep your grates no matter what Q or grill your using in the house in winter things seem to heat up a tad faster when you fire up the grill . I been doing this for yrs and IMo it works perty good and then you have no real concerns with rust also
icon_smile.gif

Hi Susie Q

I have the little cover for mine, I don't generally get a build-up of moisture on mine. I leave the cover off mine regularly but it is under cover on my decking. The cover is predominately to keep the dust and light rain off. The Q can be left in the weather. Don't forget that there is a 5 year warranty on the BBQ, you just need to keep your grill oiled/seasoned.
Sorry I just remembered you are in the UK and you only have about 2 weeks of sunshine a year. My recommendations are based on Australian Climatic conditions.

Cheers

And this is our British summer! We have just had 11 days solid rain and cold. My Q has been sadly neglected - hopefully weather will improve this weekend and I can practice my barbecuing skills further.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Susie:
And this is our British summer! We have just had 11 days solid rain and cold. My Q has been sadly neglected - hopefully weather will improve this weekend and I can practice my barbecuing skills further. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have had 11 days rain so far this year, I think that the drought may have broken. We have had enough rain to raise the level in the dams by about 0.5%
It's been so dry here that the fish are buying bottled water so they have something to swim in.

Cheers

I only have the Q 120 right now planing to add a q320 WOULD PREFER THE 300 FOR THE PIEZO LIGHTER BUT SINCE THERE NOT AROUND IT A BE A 320 . imo PROPERLY TAKEN CARE OF FROM WHAT CAN SEE OF THE q LINE OF COOKERS THEY SHOULD LAST DANG NEAR ONES LIFETIME

oops sorry bout the caps the lock was on some how and its to much to retype
icon_biggrin.gif

Back