Back to basics...

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
After my last cook I needed a confidence builder...Cheeseburgers and chips did the trick.

Sorry for the simplicity but it was good!!

Montreal steak seasoned burgers and thinly sliced potatoes ready to go on.

Taters rollin'

Burgers on.

Plated...and delish!

Burgers were done to perfection!

We did burgers last night, too. It was a last minute, thrown together deal with not a lot of to plan. Make burger patties while grill heats up. Cook burgers with some grilled sliced potatoes and eat.

Sometimes, the best meals are the simplest.

Great looking dinner.

Pat

Hey Don - The stuffed Chops came out looking way better than you are owning up to. The Burgers and Chips look great also. Nice job on both. Bob B
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Don, I've seen you post those potato chip pictures a few times. You have a mandoline to get them that thin? Also, how tough is it to control the oil temps? I'd love to do more deep frying and outdoors is great, because you don't smell up the house.

Thanks guys!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G Dechaine:
Don, I've seen you post those potato chip pictures a few times. You have a mandoline to get them that thin? Also, how tough is it to control the oil temps? I'd love to do more deep frying and outdoors is great, because you don't smell up the house. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

G, yes we have a mandolin but it is cheap and doesn't work well. Truthfully it is probably really dangerous to use so we usually take our time with a sharp knife. My wife cut these for me. We do these a lot so we're probably going to loosen the wallet flap and get a good mandolin.

Not too hard to control the oil temps. I just keep the Thermapen handy and check it before each batch goes in. Move it over/off the coals if needed. I ran out of coals towards the end of this fry session and the last batch were pretty greasy. Threw them out, added a handful of coals and cooked up the burgers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Another Bob B:
Hey Don - The stuffed Chops came out looking way better than you are owning up to. The Burgers and Chips look great also. Nice job on both. Bob B
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree 100%

Don,

I don't know what cheap mandoline you have...but for $25 you can get the Japanese version on Amazon. The brand is Benriner.

I've got it and have been happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey Don - The stuffed Chops came out looking way better than you are owning up to. The Burgers and Chips look great also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree!
Those burgers and home made chips looked fantastic!
I would love one of those cast iron dutch ovens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G Dechaine:
but for $25 you can get the Japanese version on Amazon. The brand is Benriner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow. Thanks. I'll give that one a try. Price is right too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michele p:
I would love one of those cast iron dutch ovens, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I love it. My wife got it for me for Christmas. The lid doubles as a skillet.

Have you had a chance to try the Southwester Caesar Salad recipe I sent you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have you had a chance to try the Southwester Caesar Salad recipe I sent you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is actually on the menu for this weekend. I can't wait to try it! By the way, I did sign up for the membership at that website. I LOVE IT!
Thanks again for the info!!

Back