Easy Wireless Thermometer Mod

Mike Resler

TVWBB Super Fan
How many of you have a wireless thermometer and wish you had a farther transmitting range? With this easy mod I found online you can increase the range greatly and make it more useful. The great thing is it costs almost nothing and can be done with a few hand tools and patience!

This mod example is done step by step on a Maverick ET-73 but the theory is the same for any wireless thermometer.

I thought some on the board would benifit and enjoy seeing this. Wireless Thermometer Mod

Somewhere on this forum, don't ask me where, there is a picture of how to mod the reciever so that you can increase the range greatly. I did it and I went from 50 ft to 300ft through walls.

If you take the case off the reciever, there is a whole on the cicuit board in the uper right hand side (viewed from the back) where an antenna should go. Add about 5.75" of wire and you're good to go.

Thanks for the reply Steve

If you followed my link and read the info you would see that this is a different mod from the one you are talking about.

This is a mod to the transmitter -not- the reciever that your link refers to. There is no hole in the circuit board on the transmitter to solder to. My link shows you where to attache the wire on the transmitter board.

The hot setup may be to do the mod to both the transmitter and the reciever.

I thought others might benefit from this info.

Back