Knife replacement

Mark B

TVWBB Pro
I was just reading Chuck Piercy's thread about selecting a knife / knives for culinary school.

I have a 10" Henckel that a rivet let go on - this was one of the SuperFection Line and it's been in household use for close to 30 years. I went knife shopping (looking at a Global G2) and according to the staff at the shop the Henckel has a lifetime warranty.

I'll bring it in and see if it will be repaired - but according to staff it may be replaced with a new model.

Wouldn't that be good ? I'll report if this actually works out. Good on Henckel if they do - after this amount of time the knife doesn't owe me anything.

Mark,
I would like to here if your knife was repaired or replaced by Henckels. I have a knife that has lost a rivet as well. It is a small paring knife.
Lance

I'll post here on my results. From what I gather, the rep that supplies the store drops in at least once a month.

The fact that the staff person mentioned it possibly being replaced makes sense - probably more economical to do that.

I haven't dropped the knife off yet - probably Sunday if I can't get it in tomorrow. The shop is a fair distance from home. I don't expect this to be a quick process once it gets in.

But, if it's replaced that should save me the $$$ of replacing it with something decent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lance:
Mark,
I would like to here if your knife was repaired or replaced by Henckels. I have a knife that has lost a rivet as well. It is a small paring knife.
Lance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Lance,

I had a message yesterday that the knife will be replaced. The shop was waiting for the rep to show up on his usual rounds.

Not sure how long this will take but I'm willing to wait. Really quite happy at the news since the handle was scorched at one point and is a bit misshapen.

They can't replace the same model, it's no longer manufactured. Curious as to what I'll end up with.

Will advise when that happens.

They are great with replacing knives. I used to be in the knife business years ago and sold both Henckels and Wustof........both had excellent customer service and replaced knives that even I thought they wouldn't.

Glad to hear they're still working with customers!

Mark,
Thanks for the update. Now I have to get off my butt and take my knife to the store to get replaced or repaired.
Lance

Well, the day came. Got a message Wednesday that the knife was in.

They replaced with an 8" Twin Signature Chef's knife. It has a much better handle and balance than my old knife. Made in Germany. Feels really good but have yet to do anything with it yet.

Overall very happy that Henckel would do this.

DSCN3322.JPG

Back