Question for all you Q200ers out there

Laf

TVWBB Member
Hello,
A question. Whilst contemplating a simple "flying buttress" type support mod for my Q200 side tables, in order to support the somewhat flimsy things, I noticed four "holes" in a line on the underside of the side table. They seemed perfect as possible receivers of screws. I then looked on the other side and found a plastic bracket that, using the four screws, added rigidity. Did Weber forget my bracket on the other side? Anyone out there only have one? BTW, the flying buttress will work by being attached to a hinge on my portable cart and will flip up and support the side table. Anyone done anything similar? Thanks.

Just looked it up, it's called a "nylon retainer rod for table" FYI

George, are you sure we're talking about the same thing? This is under the table. See this schematic... part 25

http://www.weber.com/PublicSch...x?all=1&model=396001

Sorry, I don't know how to make it light up so you can click on it.

Never mind, it did it on its own.
icon_smile.gif

It's to hold the tools. Here's how they look when installed.

weberQ_tools.jpg

It might also serve the purpose of adding support, but it's definitely the tool holder.

Bill

Gotcha. Guess I've never used it for that. Didn't even know about it till today! Thanks for the help, both of you!

yep, i'm sure. same on mine and many others that i looked at. although the pic shows two, i have not seen it. you could order it and add it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laf:
George, are you sure we're talking about the same thing? This is under the table. See this schematic... part 25

http://www.weber.com/PublicSch...x?all=1&model=396001

Sorry, I don't know how to make it light up so you can click on it.

Never mind, it did it on its own.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

George, thanks again. I'm going to order it so I can use them as my brace location instead of drilling new holes/screwing etc. Basically I have visions of a plate of ribeyes bending the sidetables and toppling off to the dogs. I'll post some pictures when I get around to it. Should look a little like Frankenstein's monster, as I'm more concerned with function over form!

Laf
I have had about 4 Kg (9 lb) on my tables regularly with no problem. I understand what you mean though about doubting their rigidity, they do tend to flex a bit. I have had mine for over 5 years and never had a spill.
Regards

Laf,

Those little table flaps are actually stronger than they look or feel so don't worry too much.
I have a little Q120 which has them and I thought at first that they may be somewhat useless but they never once buckled under the weight of some of the food I've stacked on them.
I now have the Q220 and table flaps are bigger, more sturdier so now I can put more stuff on them.

Cheers
Davo

Hey guys, I also have yet to experience side table failure with my 200. I may just do it for something to do. Springtime makes me ancy, that's all
icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for the input!

Back