Any John boos owners here?

Jeremy Cook

TVWBB Member
Just wondering if anyone has experiences with John boos cutting boards? They are kinda pricey but I don't mind if the quality is great.

We have one, its pretty large 16x20 maybe? It is nice but to be perfectly honest, its just a cutting board. Unless you're looking to impress someone, Id just get a normal cutting board.

I picked up a Boos JNS09 to use as a slicing and/or vac packing station:

IMG_20150823_011602.jpg

haven't had a chance to really use it yet so I can't comment as to how well it holds up.

Clint,thanks for the shout out! But we do NOT cut on the countertop! We do use the cut out piece from the sink and a poly board for cutting on TOP of the counter top.

I picked this up off of craigslist for about $100 about a year ago. We had just moved into our new home and unfortunately I didn't plan very well as our kitchen just has no room for it! So it sits in the garage unused. Coated it in mineral oil once so far. One of these days I'll find a good place to put it so it'll actually get some use.

dCOkg8bl.jpg

I've got two of the 24X18 boards. One stays on the countertop for vegetable prep work, etc. I use the other as a carving board for roasted meats, etc. They're awesome boards. Keep them well-oiled and clean and they'll last for a lifetime. They look really good, too.

That said, even though I keep my boards oiled and regularly sanitize with vinegar, I still have cheap plastic boards that I use exclusively for raw meats and another cheapie for garlic. Trust me, if you ever get garlic on your Boo and then accidently seal over the garlic smell with mineral oil, your only option will be a complete and relatively deep resand.

Back