Calphalon Pans - Lifetime Warranty

I recently purchased 3 Calphalon Pans... Contemporary Non-Stick. All with "lifetime warranties".

The pans are fantastic. The best non-stick I've ever encountered.

The 12" pan I bought had a slight problem... it wasn't flat on the bottom, so it rocked on the stove. I have a ceramic cook top, and the other pans were perfect.

So, I'm thinking that I've got a lifetime warranty and I write to Calphalon...

And I wait...

And wait...

After 2 weeks of no response from Calphalon, I finally understand their "Lifetime Warranty". If you need Warranty Service, you will wait a lifetime.

Buyer beware...

Not long ago I returned a couple pans I'd gotten nearly 25 years ago. Issues with the finish due to hard water --not their problem but they took them and replaced them anyway. Don't write. Call them.

I agree with Kevin . We've used Calphalon for years and they've always warrantied everything no questions asked. Call them, you will have to pay shipping to them but they pick it up on they way back. I believe on there website they tell you how tosend it back to them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
Not long ago I returned a couple pans I'd gotten nearly 25 years ago. Issues with the finish due to hard water --not their problem but they took them and replaced them anyway. Don't write. Call them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to Hijack the thread, but Kevin I am going to be returning my Comercial hard anodized 8 qt stock pot for the second time. The coating is gone from the inside cooking surface up about 2" would you have any insight to this? very little tomatoes which still shouldn't have any effect. They will replace it but I would like to avoid it in the future, none of my other hard anodized pans have this problem.

Thanks, and I now return you to your original programing
icon_wink.gif

I sent 3 non-stick pans back for replacement and go better than i sent! It takes about 3 weeks or more for the process. Mine were just used a lot over the years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...I am going to be returning my Comercial hard anodized 8 qt stock pot for the second time. The coating is gone from the inside cooking surface up about 2" would you have any insight to this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Bill,

I had the same problem with a sauté pan and stock pot--both were replaced by Calphalon but the same thing occurred with the replacements. I've seen a number of similar posts on various cooking forums. I finally gave up and purchased All-Clad and I'm very pleased with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
Got now or have you had hard water? That's what it soulnd like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably how does one check for water hardness?

Thanks Jeff, and I would probably do something like that but if they'll keep exchangeing every ten years I'm ok with it.

Call Diamond Crystal [(800) 428-4244] and seeif they still send out free water test strips. They probably do. You can purchase test kits elsewhere but that hardly seems necessary.

I found the annuall water report online and yeah it's hard water, then last night whille putting away the dishes I checked the insied on my stainless sauce pot, we use it almost exclucively for steaming and it has a nice scale line built up at the steamer level.

O well Calpahon will make it right...

Bill,
I ahve several pieces of Cuisinart MultiClad SS. We ahve the same trouble. Glad to have Barkeeper's Friend as My friend!!

Well, I phoned Calphalon (as suggested by Kevin K) and they responded right away with a mailing label to return the pan. Haven't received a replacement yet.

Well FedEx just left my new Calphalon One stock pot on my doorstep 2 1/2 weeks ain't bad
icon_wink.gif

I would say Calphalon CS is on par with Webers
icon_cool.gif

Great that you had a happy ending. I got the same from Calphalon. Got two 10" Calphalon ONe Non-Stick skillets and an 8" to replace what I snet in which wasn't as good. Takes about 15 "business " days which is spelled out in the warranty section of the website. Now for that 12"er of mine?

Well, I got my pan back today. I was a bit skeptical, thinking that maybe I was too demanding that my pan shouldn't "rock" on the stove.

But since my Wolfgang Puck pans didn't rock, maybe the problem wasn't mine but in the Calphalon pan.

The new pan is perfect! Took the alloted 2 weeks to return to me, but Calphalon prepaid the shipping back to them and the new pans shipping to me.

Here's a thought. My pans were purchased on "special". Cutlery and More had a set of the 10" and 12" pan for $49.95. That's much less than either pan alone.

Is it possible that this "special" is for pans that are not quite up to snuff? There was no disclaimer that the special included 2nds or anything like that, but perhaps pans that are not quite right get allocated to "specials".

Dunno, just speculation, but bottom line is, Calphalon stood by their warranty and I'm a happy camper. These are really nice pans, for not a lot of $$.

Back