New 18" issues?

Martin

Hi Everyone,

I just got my 18" WSM from Amazon last Wednesday. Upon assembly and my first smoke, I noticed that the center portion section is a bit wobbly on the base. I can rock it back and forth a bit and I'm wondering if this is an issue? The fit and finish of the center section seems to be very bad. Just wondering if you experienced the same? It didn't appear to be damaged in shipping. Are they just all slightly out of round?

Also, my temperature gauge has a little moisture in it after my first use. Do you experience this?

thx!

Sorry guys, new here. I'll do my best to search through the forum before posting.

Timothy - yep that worked like a charm. Robert's advice came in sooner and I called weber. No issues what soever. They are sending me out a new center section. Seems a shame though. They told me to pitch the old one... I wonder now if the old one (assuming it can be fixed) can be used to extend things for 2 more cooking surfaces?

Just a though - I hate the idea of just throwing it away!

m

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Martin:
I wonder now if the old one (assuming it can be fixed) can be used to extend things for 2 more cooking surfaces? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>See Stacking Middle Cooking Sections.

Regards,
Chris

I have an issue with my 2009 18". The bottom grate (without handles) will not sit on its tabs. It sits firmly upon the nuts.
It's a real PITA because it won't come out without getting hung-up on the top grate's nuts and tabs.

Look at this...
FamilyPhotos002.jpg

Weber Korea sent me a replacement but it was the exact same size and problem. Guess I'll find a smaller grate on my own.

Back