FoodSaver Professional

John Ford

TVWBB Pro
About six months ago I bought a food saver professional. This is my third food saver my first was a manual model that lasted about 10 years, my second was a automatic model which still works but I've never liked.
The automatic model worked fine if you use the food saver bags, never worked well with generic bags.
The automatic model also after ceiling 3 to 4 gallon bags overheated and requires a 20 minute cooling time.
Food saver professional model is simply the food saver game saver silver model without the 12 V adapter system. It was about 40% cheaper. It's supposedly also came with a larger vacuum motor .
She supposedly is good for up to 25 vacuum and seals without a resting period.
Found on sale for $112, food saver always run sales.
Well I like it, is small enough that it sits on the counter easy to pull out and use. I've never used to seal 25 bags, but it'll seal 6 to 8 bags without a problem.
Works great with the generic bags.
Of course I'd a chamber vacuum sealer, I have a friend who has one. However it's such a bother to get out he only uses it for really big jobs and ended up buying a smaller food saver like sealer to supplement it. I think this is a good model for most of us.

1CFA3918-F5B9-4864-8E82-C1D8B09B811E.jpg

05997011-E9F4-4D71-8C32-F50D09220184.jpg

My Foodsaver is starting to act up, no surprise after who knows how many years. The lock tabs release too soon and kill the vacuum.

Interesting that this model uses two seams for sealing. Would go through bags just a little bit faster but if offers a better seal...

John - Were did you find the specs on motor sizes, etc.? I use to have the GameSaver Deluxe which was a good model but there were somethings I didn't like about it. One thing being, it wasn't a design that lent itself well to leaving out and because we didn't leave it out, I found we didn't use it as often as we probably should have.

Back