Smoked Cheese on the Weber Q

Phil Hartcher

TVWBB All-Star
Heres an idea for you to try, I haven't done it yet, but will soon. I got the general principle from Chris the Urban Griller who is the President of our Australian BBQ Association.
Light 2 or 3 charcoal briquettes and place in a disposable foil tray on one side of the Q grill with a chunk of smokewood. Put the prepared cheese on the other side and close the lid. Renew the briquettes and smokewood if/as required. Best to chill the cheese first. Wrap the cheese in clingwrap and store in the fridge for a day to improve the intensity of the smoke flavour. Don't over smoke the cheese. You can first roll the cheese in coarse ground pepper, garlic flakes (sparingly) or any other aromatics that you fancy to produce different tastes.
This method of cold smoking can also be used for nuts, fruit, or anything really.

You could also use this method in conjunction with the Q switched on and add a real smoke flavour to your grill.

Cheers

Sorry I didn't meant that the info was on his website. I got the info from speaking to him via the Aussie BBQ Forum. Chris and I are regular posters on that site. I then thought about applying the principles to cooking on the Q.

Cheers

Back