Indiana > Indianapolis: GT South's BBQ

I went there with the family today and boy was I disappointed. The pulled chicken was dry, the spare ribs were bland, the pulled pork was good but not great, the sides weren't very good and the sauce was overly potent (which they smothered everything in the sauce, probably due to the lack of flavor in the meats). The cornbread was good, but all in all I have no reason to go back.

I have been to GT's about 20 times. A lot of that is because my three favorite BBQ joints here (Squealer's, Parky's, and Hickory Hill) are too far away.

Lately, the results at GT's have varied quite a bit. Somedays you get really good Q, and others... not so good. My guess is that business is off and sometimes you're getting yesterday's (or the day's before) Q.

Mike

I had GT's awhile back & thought it was great! Guess I went on a good day. They do have good sauce.

I ate at a couple of GT's locations several times. I never left hungry, but will agree that sometimes it was on the money and sometimes it was mediocre. However, the Brunswick stew and blackberry cobbler were both great!

Back