Dry Rub suggestion for Ribs

Dave Kaneva

Looking for a good rub recipes for spares... the caveat is it has to be sugarless (because Im on atkins). The Sugarless texas sprinkle looked fine at first, but then some people said it was way too salty, or too peppery. My son is 2 and can't handle anything too spicy. Something sugarless and mild I guess Im looking for.

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave kaneva:
The Sugarless texas sprinkle looked fine at first, but then some people said it was way too salty, or too peppery. My son is 2 and can't handle anything too spicy. Something sugarless and mild I guess Im looking for.

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So just cut back on the salt and pepper when you ,make the rub. You can change anything thing you want in a recipe, they are not written in stone. Add what you want, cut back or leave out what you want, it's your call.
icon_wink.gif

Or skip the salt in the rub entirely and salt the meat first. I never put salt in rubs. Salting the meat separately first, before applying the rub, allows you to apply as little or as much rub as you want without affecting salt levels.

The paragraph in front of this recipe describes this. (The recipe at the link can be adapted. Personally, I'd keep 1 T of the sugar in there -- it's not enough to affect an Atkins plan -- but you could eliminate it all if you'd rather. Replace 3 T of the sugar called for with ground chile, 2 T with onion, the other T either keep as sugar or use garlic.)

Back