Cheesy creamed corn recipe

Kyle H.

TVWBB Fan
I recently had the creamed corn with NY cheddar from Daisy Mays BBQ in Manhattan and wanted to try to recreate to go along with some spares this weekend. Does anyone have a recipe similar to this up their sleeve? It's definitely on the savory side. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Never had their corn but when I make it I sauté corn (freshly cut off the cob) in butter for a few minutes then add heavy cream. I use the back of a knife to squeeze the milk from the cob, adding it to the pan, then simmer till the cream is reduced a bit. Very brief puréeing with an immersion blender will blend and 'cream' it. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Sugar is unnecessary (and, frankly, disgusting--to me; typical cloying canned creamed corn is an affront to naturally sweet corn!).

For a cheese version I sub half-and-half for the heavy. After the brief puréeing I return it to the stove and add cheese, often a combo of goat gruyère and cheddar, stirring over very low heat till all is melted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I recently had the creamed corn with NY cheddar from Daisy Mays BBQ in Manhattan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

man, I had that stuff, and loved it. It was probably the first time I actually enjoyed eating creamed corn.

Back