Grilled Chicken Thighs with Hoisin Sesame Glaze

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
We got this one from Cook's Illustrated. Added some "crunchy" green beans, finished with the same glaze as the chicken. Very flavorful. We'll keep this one!

Everything ready to go on. Chicken seasoned with S&P. Beans plain.

IMG_2961.jpg

Chicken on indirect for 30 minutes, turned once.

IMG_2962.jpg

Chicken glazed and on direct to crisp the skin.

IMG_2964.jpg

Chicken done.

IMG_2965.jpg

Beans on direct until tender. They turned out crunchier than I'd like. Next time on longer or par-cooked.

IMG_2966.jpg

Beans "done". Brushed with the glaze and tossed over the coals constantly until (I thought) they were done.

IMG_2967.jpg

Plated.

IMG_2969.jpg

Yummy! This was pretty dag-gon-good!

Another winner Don. There seems to be an Asian theme going on tonight. For a different take on the chicken, try this one. Works for me every time.
Malaysian Grilled Chicken Wings/Thighs
Marinade:
(Double or triple the marinade as needed)
2 T oyster sauce
1 T hoisin sauce
1 T honey
1 T soy sauce
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 T minced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp ground white pepper

Use quality condiments. I prefer Lee Kum Kee Premium oyster sauce (low msg as well). Marinade chicken overnight in refrigerator and grill them directly (medium-low, so the sugar/honey doesn’t burn).
Cheers!

Thanks, guys!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary H. NJ:
For a different take on the chicken, try this one. Works for me every time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like a winner, Gary. We'll definitely give it a try.

Don't complain too loud 'bout those beans Don, I'll eet em, they look GREAT to me!
icon_biggrin.gif

And the bird thighs....I can smellem' an' tastem' from here!
SUPERDUPER GOOD COOK!

Back