Good Old Genesis does it again!

Chuck Simon

TVWBB Pro
I decided to use the gasser for dinner tonight. I feel I have neglected her enough since I received my OTS for Christmas. I was making a pork loin. I know I make pork a lot, but my daughter loves pork, my wife, not so much. I hadn't decided on how to prep it, so 3 hours prior to grill time I decided to marinade in Italian dressing. It was good, but I am sure it would have been better had it marinaded for longer than 3 hours. I grilled the loin indirect for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

CIMG3874.jpg

Here is a close up of the loin on the grill.

CIMG3875.jpg

After the indirect grilling for 45-50 minutes, I turned up the heat and reverse seared it for 5 minutes per side. Here is a pic after the pork loin was sliced and ready to eat. I had to use an electric knife on it because it was too tender to cut with a normal knife.

CIMG3877.jpg

I thought it came out excellent. My wife even made a comment about how nice and tender it was. I actually felt proud.

That last pic, I felt as if I could grab a slice right off the plate.
It looks like it was perfectly cooked!
Nice pics!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michele p:
That last pic, I felt as if I could grab a slice right off the plate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_biggrin.gif
I DID!
Great lookin' dinner Chuck!

Thanks everyone! IMO, it was the best pork I have made. It was so tender and delicious. I thank the great folks of this forum for telling me about the reverse sear.

That looks awesome!

Did you use a thermometer to monitor the internal temperature during the indirect cook, or did you just go by time alone? I want to try this in the next few weeks...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael L:

Did you use a thermometer to monitor the internal temperature during the indirect cook, or did you just go by time alone? I want to try this in the next few weeks... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went by time and also temp. I knew it would take about an hour to cook, so around the 45-50 minute mark I checked the temp and it was about 140 degrees. That is when I turned up the heat and reverse seared it for 5 minutes on each side. The searing brought the temp up to 160 degrees, which was perfect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ernie D:
I want to drink the juice off that plate!

GREAT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Ernie! The dogs got it. Maybe next time.

Back