Indian subcontinent style chicken with Cayenne peppers.

Greg Schaefer

Get you a fire going with some mostly dead Oak chunks you sliced up with a Swede saw. Toss some charcoal on top to make you feel better. Fire in the hole.

Wife cuts up a whole chicken and mixes up a package of Hyderabadi seasoning and yoghurt. Not the Tandoori mix, which is powerfully good, but the closest they had to that mix at Subzi Mandi, Louisville.

Cook the Chicken on the WSM with no water pan until the breast is ~160 F, as Mr. Allingham writes somewhere on this site.

A couple days later, pour some water, a can of diced tomatoes, some sliced fresh green Cayenne and start simmering the chicken pieces. Get ~1-2 tsp green Cardamom seeds and put them on the stove. When the aroma is good, grind them in a mortar and pestle. Add.

Simmer down. Get some Cilantro off the porch garden and put it in. Serve over rice, or simply gnaw off the bones.
Indian2.jpg

Indian1.jpg

It is all good.
Gregor

Greg,

Loks good. Love those seasoned cast iron skillets you have. How long have you owned them?

Ray

I got the big one circa 1997. It has been a good friend over the years. Back in the olden days, Lodge made you do the first seasoning. I think they sell them preseasoned now. I think all a person needs to do is get hot, wet, scrub with a scrubbie, and spray with PAM, or any similar derivative. I like Canola. That step was omitted from the recipe, so let's call this an edit, not just convo?

Greg

Back