Following Recipes and Gauging Correct Temperature

Nate C

TVWBB Fan
I know there has been much discussion on grate temperature vs lid temperature for low and slow cooking over long hours. But the Harry Soo Q&A got me interested in trying his Jail Break Chicken recipe which calls for 300 degrees for one hour. Due to the cook being so short, I am guessing correct temperature is much more important.

So...is the 300 degrees lid or grate?

Thanks all and can't wait to try it this weekend.

Harry uses all the electronic stuff, so I'm certain he measures it at the grate 'cause that's where the chicken is
icon_wink.gif
...on the other hand, if the temp varies from 300*, well then, the cook time will vary inversely,as well
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Richert:
Nate

Here is link to my posting on a Jail Bird chicken cook I just did. Maybe the cook log will help you out

Jail Bird Chicken Cook </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Bob,

Cooked two chickens yesterday and your log was a big help. Chickens turned out stellar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig A:
Did you guys marinate or brine the chicken before putting on Harry's rub? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did neither and Harry's recipe didn't call for it. Apply medium coat of SYD rub, light coat of Tang and onto the grill.

I had some of the chicken in a sandwich today (left overs) and it was so good. A very easy cook that really tasted good.

Back